Our Commercial Roofing Services
Commercial Roofing in Riverside, Los Angeles, Southern California
Our Commercial Roofing Services
The installation, inspection as well as maintenance of commercial roofing is critical, as it significantly affects the overall integrity of your structure.
A quality roof not only protects your structure against the elements and improves its energy efficiency, but also enhances the appearance of your building.
Whether you prefer to spend to focus your aesthetics attention on the interior of your building or landscaping, you can’t deny the importance of having a roofing system that looks as professional and well-maintained as the rest of your business building.
Our Working Process
Essential aspects of commercial roofing:
- Commercial roof installation: Every roofing system has a life cycle and this implies that it reaches a point in time when you’ll have to stop repairing and instead, replace it.
Depending on the type of roofing material, pricing, difficulty level, labor hours and the experience of the contractor, the installation method of roofing systems varies greatly. And this is why you want to work with highly reputable and experienced roofing contractors who understand what type of roofing material best suits your needs based on the building’s architecture, local weather, and climate, your budget, and energy efficiency needs.
- Commercial roof inspection: It is highly recommended that you schedule professional roof inspections to ensure both the safety and health of your property’s roof. A complete roofing inspection includes a detailed examination of the problem areas such as decking, roof membranes, vents, gutters, downspouts, flashing, as well as drainage pipes. Routine roofing inspections not only help prevent potential roof damages. They also help identify potential problems early and avoid future costly repair.
- Maintenance of commercial roofs: Roof maintenance should always be your priority when it comes to preserving the overall integrity of your business building. Routine maintenance allows you to identify and repair minor problems before they develop into bigger and expensive repairs. Usually, professional commercial roofing Riverside maintenance includes treating water damage, tears, leaks, cleaning debris. It also includes preparing the roof for every season, repairing flashing as well as making sure the roofing system is in tip-top condition. Proper roofing maintenance will not only result in extended roof life, energy efficiency boost, but will also promote healthy living.
Types of Riverside Commercial Roofing:
Commercial roofs are available in numerous forms, with each one designed and built according to the owner’s budget and needs of the building. The type of roof you choose for your commercial structure plays a prominent role in the aesthetics, longevity, and overall health of the building itself. The surrounding environment, prevailing weather conditions as well as any extraneous variables such as foliage and animal invasion will also impact the integrity of your roof over time. Below are some of the most popular roofing materials for commercial structures in Los Angeles:
Built-up roofing membrane
Built-up roof systems are a type of flat roof system, which boast a fairly rich history, as they have been in operation in America for over a hundred years. Commonly known as tar and gravel roofs, built-up systems are installed by altering the layers of tar or asphalt and supporting fabrics directly onto the roof. Depending on your needs and budget, you can choose three, four, or even five layers. The outermost layer is usually stone or rock and protects the layers beneath against extreme cold or heat, UV rays, and wind damage. If properly installed and maintained, a built-up roof system can last 40 years.
Single-ply membrane roofing
Single-ply roofing systems use highly flexible sheets of either thermoplastic or thermoset membranes. These membranes have distinct pros and cons. The main compounds used in single-ply membrane systems include:
- Ethylene propylene diene terpolymer (EPDM)
- Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO)
PVC is arguably the most time-tested and popular membrane material in the roofing industry! On a low-slope or flat roof, PVC roofing’s lifespan is relatively long, and it is also revered for its durability. Additionally, PVC is highly resistant to fire, moisture, chemicals, wind and the heat-welding installation technique employed in PVC roofs results in a permanent bond between each roofing sheet, keeping the seams securely together.
PVC is also highly energy-efficient thanks to higher insulation and the light-colored membrane sheets. The only downside of PVC is perhaps the slightly higher up-front cost compared to either EPDM and TPO.
EPDM roofing material is a highly durable and somewhat darker synthetic rubber that is commonly used in flat and low-sloped roofing systems. Common installation techniques include mechanical attachment, full adhesion, or ballasting accompanied by taping or gluing of the seams. Because EPDM material is available in fairly large rolls, it is a suitable roofing solution for large buildings such ad office buildings, warehouses, shopping centers, hotels, and schools.
EPDM roofs boast a number of advantages. They include durability in extreme weather conditions, UV radiation resistance, affordability, straightforward installation, and resistance to both abrasion and hail. Despite its many notable benefits, EPDM roofs tend to shrink in dry, hot conditions, punctures quite easily, and also tend to absorb more heat, resulting in a higher risk of structural overheating.
TPO membrane roofing systems have gained lots of popularity in the last few years, thanks to a ton of benefits they guarantee. These incredible roof systems feature a layer of synthetic thermoplastic combined with reinforcing scrim that helps prevent wear and UV radiation penetration.
TPO roofing systems boast numerous advantages, including excellent wind resistance, durability, and easy maintenance. The major drawback of TPO roofs is their somewhat shorter lifespan. What’s more, they can make for a relatively laborious installation, particularly at flashings as well as around penetrations.
Metal roofing is an extremely popular type of commercial roof simply because there are endless kinds of metal materials, including lead, tin, copper, aluminum, stainless steel, corrugated galvanized steel, metal tile sheets, stone-coated steel as well as an aggregate of aluminum, zinc, and silicon-coated steel. And because metal is prone to rust, protective surface layers are often added to help control damage from extended exposure to exposure to weather elements. Metal roofing is not only highly durable but also boasts an attractive finished look. What’s more, metal roofing materials tend to have strong fire resistance ratings and are also somewhat more durable compared to conventional roofing options.
Roofing shingles are curved or flat tiles that overlap or overlap in a way that directs water off a pitched roof. They are made from a variety of materials that vary in durability, cost, style, weight as well as cost. Common types of shingle roofing materials include clay, asphalt, metal, wood, slate, and rubber. There are plenty of reasons why most business owners choose shingle roofing when it’s time to replace the old one. First and foremost, shingle roofs are relatively easy to install, are eco-friendly, durable, and highly affordable.
However, shingle roofs while reasonably durable, have a fairly shorter lifespan. What’s more, they are prone to damages, especially from winds. They are also susceptible to moss and mildew problems!
Popular Los Angeles Commercial Roofing Styles:
- Pitched roofs: Best for snow and water runoff, but may present the greatest danger for roofing crews. Also, pitched roofs tend to have fairly more expensive repair and maintenance costs.
- Flat roofs: Flat roofs are not only easier and quicker to install, but are equally highly cost-effective. Common materials suitable for flat roofs include PVC, TPO, EPDM, and bitumen. However, Flat roofs are highly prone to material degradation and standing water.
- Low-sloped roofs: These are not only safer and cheaper compared to pitched roofs. They also allow for improved runoff hence fewer maintenance calls.
So, What Contributes To My Roof Quote?
- Roof accessibility: This is another factor that will impact your roof quote. A hard-to-access roof means additional labor and equipment are needed to load the roofing materials, tear off the old roof, stage the roof, and install the roofing system. Difficult accessibility simply equates to additional labor and equipment, which ultimately increases the cost of your project. Are you looking to install a new roof for your commercial establishment but are concerned about the cost of your roofing project? If yes, you need to know and understand the factors that determine the cost of your new roof. Below are three critical factors that contribute to your roof quote.
- The size of your roof: This is arguably the most significant factor that affects your quote. Simply put, the larger the roof, the more it will cost. The more roof area roofers need to cover, the more materials and labor it will require, resulting in increased installation costs.
- The current condition of your roof: To what extent is your roof damaged? Is your roof badly damaged that there are additional repairs that need to be looked into? And does the damage exclude some materials that could have been somewhat more economical? It is imperative to note that if a large percentage of your roof is in tip-top condition, it may be possible to consider a repair. The rule of thumb is that if at least 25% of your roof is in bad shape, replacing the entire roof is the best move and this means spending more!
Need A Free Estimate?
If you are currently looking to replace the roof of your business building, you are in the right place. We are highly experienced, licensed, insured, and bonded contractors professionally doing roofing in Riverside. Our roofing company has provided top-notch roof installations and replacements for decades. Our superb workmanship coupled with high-quality roofing materials ensures you get the most out of your investment! Don’t hesitate to contact us any longer! Give us a call today and we’ll be more than happy to serve you.