Roof Replacement Riverside | L.A. | SoCal
Few components of your home are more vital than your roof, so, unsurprisingly, it tends to present arguably the most significant financial commitment when it comes to either roof repair or roof replacement.
Roof Replacement in Riverside | Los Angeles, Southern California
While there are plenty of steps you can take to help prolong the life of your roofs such as regular inspections, roof maintenance, and cleaning, you’ll inevitably need to replace your roof because of the normal aging process.
While replacing your roof has put a substantial dent in your finances, the potential benefits of having a new roof over your head far much outweigh the cost. A new roof will not only improve your home’s curb appeal, enhance its overall value, minimize your energy costs, but will also give you the much-needed peace of mind knowing you are free from unending roofing problems.
Getting a brand new roof is an important decision and there are numerous unanswered questions that might ring in your mind as a homeowner; can you get by with a small roof repair, or do you need a full roof replacement? Thankfully, there is a couple of signs that should help you determine whether your home needs a new roof or not. And as a leading roof replacement Riverside contractor, we are here to help you make the best decision when it comes to choosing whether to repair or replace your roof.
Signs You Need a New Roof
While most roofing materials have a relatively long lifespan they will ultimately reach a point where they won’t be able to protect you, your family, and your property against precipitation. If your roof features asphalt shingles and is two decades old or more, it is high time you replace it. Wood shingles have a lifespan of 30 to 40 years, wood shakes 20 to 40 years, slate a hundred years, metal 70 years, and clay tile 50 years or longer. If your roof is approaching the end of its life expectancy, keep an eye on the tell-tale signs of aging and brace yourself for replacement.
Poor energy efficiency
Have your monthly energy bills been on an upward trajectory in recent winter months? If yes, your old roof could be to blame! A poorly insulated roofing allows air to circulate in and out of your home quite easily, which can result in exorbitant energy bills, particularly during winter.
Presence of roof cracks
On most occasions, cracked roof shingles are due to wind damage. And if only a few shingles of yours are cracked, replacing them will be deemed the most practical solution. However, if these cracks are dispersed randomly all over your roof, this is usually a clear indication you’ll need to replace your entire roofing.
A rotting roof system can cause serious structural problems in your home. For instance, wood will decay when exposed to moisture for an extended period, triggering the growth of fungus. Common signs of a rotting roof include water damage on the ceiling, missing shingles, or torn flashing, excessive growth of algae on the outside of your shingles, growth of mold in your attic, and sunken roof deck.
Discolored walls and ceilings
Have you recently noticed unsightly water stains on your walls, ceilings, or the exterior of your house? If yes, then you could be dealing with a leaking roof. Closely examine the insulation in your attic. If it looks soggy, the chances are high that you are dealing with a significantly damaged roof. In this case, you’ll need to carry out a roof replacement.
Your roof is your home’s first line of defense against extreme weather. Therefore it’s vital to conduct regular inspections to help identify any looming problems before they become even bigger. When you place blind faith in your roof and neglect it completely until the first sign of damage appears in the ceiling, you could already be facing much larger roofing issues. They are ranging from damaged shingles, mold growth to damaged insulation, among others. Spare yourself costly roof problems down the road by having your roof routinely inspected. Apart from periodic inspections, you also need to schedule thorough inspections after a major weather event such as a hailstorm.
Roofing Inspections: Should You Do It Yourself, or Hire a Qualified Roofing Contractor?
While most homeowners can spot visible signs of roof damage, it is imperative to note that roof inspection requires the right tools, a trained eye, and the right practices to ensure a successful and safe inspection. And this implies that once you begin noticing visible issues with your roofing system, you should act very fast and hire a professional roofing contractor to inspect it. Simply put, a comprehensive roof inspection should only be conducted by a qualified and experienced professional.
Reasons why you should opt for professional roof inspection:
- Professionals roofers have the right tools and equipment necessary for the job: Safety should be one of your top priorities when it comes to roofing inspection and replacement projects. After all, it involves climbing a ladder and maneuvering across a steep roof, which can all prove daunting and quite stressful for the untrained. You can easily slip, fall and injure yourself if you are not careful enough! Thankfully, you can prevent these risks by working with our proven roof inspection and roof replacement Riverside experts. They are not only highly trained and knowledgeable but also boast the essential tools and equipment to get the job done correctly and safely.
- Guarantees the best solutions: Because our proven roof replacement Los Angeles experts boast the right skills for the job, they will certainly suggest the most appropriate solutions to your current and long-term roofing needs. This will not only give you peace of mind but will also help extend the life of your roof and boost its performance.
- The necessary expertise: Having provided top-notch roof replacement Riverside services for decades, our roofing professionals boast the required level of expertise to conduct a comprehensive roofing inspection of your Los Angeles roofing system. They not only examine all the essential components of your roof for signs of cracks, leaks, and damage. They will also recommend the best roofing materials depending on the extent of damage to your roofing system, budget, and needs. Thanks to their unrivaled experience in the roofing industry, they can effortlessly identify even the slightest signs of damage. This implies that they won’t miss on anything that might result in roof problems in the future.
So, What is Included in a Roof Replacement?
Whether it is an unfortunate event such as storm damage or theft, it is vital to ensure your roof is covered when a disaster occurs. On most occasions, homeowners’ insurance will cater for a new roof only if the damage is caused by an extreme weather event such as a snowstorm or lightning strike. It is worth noting that most policies don’t provide cover a roof replacement or repair from normal wear and tear. However, every situation is always unique.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer regarding whether your homeowners’ insurance policy will cover a roof replacement. So, you’ll need to consult your roofing insurance firm to find out whether it covers your roof replacement project.
Roof Replacement Vs Re-Roofing:
Simply put, re-roofing is the least expensive and quickest way to restore the appearance of your damaged roofing system. During a re-roofing project, a new shingle overlay is put over your damaged or worn shingles to restore your roof’s integrity and appearance. Roof replacement, on the other hand, involves removing all your old shingles, moisture barrier, or felt paper and replacing the brand new roofing materials. What’s more, it can involve replacing or repairing the deck and any other significant damage identified during the removal of the old roof.
Pros of re-roofing
- Re-roofing is relatively cost-effective because it simply doesn’t involve extensive materials and labor. It is therefore the cheapest way to restore your roof’s functionality and appearance.
- Because it doesn’t require replacing the whole roofing system, it also remains the quickest and easiest way to restore your roof’s integrity.
Cons of re-roofing
- Re-roofing will never offer a long-term solution to your roofing problems.
- If there are two layers of shingles on your roof, most states bar you from adding a third layer.
- With metal roofing, re-roofing is not always recommended.
Pros of roof replacement
- Roof replacement offers a long-term solution, allowing your roof to last longer than re-roofing.
- It is more cost-effective over the long haul because it identifies and mitigates the root causes of your roofing problems.
- Unlike a roof repair which may conceal any issues with the deck such as rotting, a fully revamped roofing system addresses all problems at once, making your roof sturdier, safer, and durable.
- Enhanced appearance: Nothing compares aesthetically to a new roofing system! And if you are looking to sell your home, a new roof will significantly boost its market value.
Cons of roof replacement
- It is almost impossible to identify any disadvantage of replacing your old roof. Entirely replacing an old roof will require more time, labor, and materials compared to re-roofing. Simply put, it can be a highly costly home improvement undertaking. But the potential benefits of replacing your old, damaged roof far much outweigh the upfront costs!
- If your roof is old and is exhibiting signs of damage and aging, kindly act first and contact our highly qualified, experienced, and reputable roof replacement Riverside to restore its original glory. We are a versatile company professionally doing roofing in Riverside. Our company specializes in roof restoration for all types of roofing materials ranging from metal, slate, membrane, asphalt shingles, to wood shakes, and concrete roofing, and others. We are your best bet toward having a durable, efficient, and functional new roof!
Need A Free Estimate?
If your roof is old and is exhibiting signs of damage and aging, act first and contact our highly qualified, experienced, and reputable roof replacement Riverside to restore its original glory. We are a versatile company professionally doing roofing in Riverside. Our company specializes in roof restoration for all types of roofing materials ranging from metal, slate, membrane, asphalt shingles, to wood shakes, and concrete roofing, and others. We are your best bet toward having a durable, efficient, and functional new roof!